Versa-Tap™ HDLC RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485 Passive Tap Module – USB Port
Stratus Engineering’s Versa-Tap™ module is a powerful hardware solution that features state-of-the art electronics and provides exceptional data-logging/analyzer capabilities:
- Easy-to-use screw-terminal communication interface connection
- NO bulky cabling
- USB access from MS Windows host computer
- Support for Synchronous HDLC analysis
- Driver software for MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 (both x32 and x64)
- FREE data monitoring application software
- Captures and time tags state changes on all 6 RS-232 handshaking lines
- Exact hardware microsecond time tagging of all data transfers and handshaking events
- Money-Back guarantee – 30 day
Versa-Tap™ offers these capabilities at a fraction of the cost of the nearest competitor and is available in a convenient small and lightweight package.
Versa Tap Features
- Low-cost, compact solution eliminates bulky cabling associated with other hardware-based monitoring schemes.
- Supports standard and non-standard baud rates as high as 2,000,000 bits/sec
- Includes support for Synchronous HDLC analysis
- Includes PC-compatible device drivers, 6ft “Mini-B” USB cable, and EZ-View™ data monitoring program*, which interfaces directly to Versa-Tap™ hardware for low latency USB access
- DLL-based Windows API with low-level time-tagging available for custom application development
- 30-day Money-Back guarantee
RS232, RS-422, RS-485 FREE Monitoring Software
Device Driver Installation
Please visit downloads page to download the latest copy of this file and the Versa-Tap device drivers and installation guide for your operating system.
Note that EZ-Tap™, EZTap Pro™ and Versa-Tap leverage the same device driver. A user can unzip the driver files into a directory on his/her hard drive and use the Windows hardware installation wizard to complete the installation. If this does not work for you, refer to the instructions in the appropriate driver installation guide for help.
Once the driver has been correctly installed, Versa-Tap will be shown as a USB COM port under Windows Device Manager.
EZ-View™ RS232 Monitor Application
Our EZ-View RS232 Monitor program Version 18.104.22.168 or higher is required when using the Versa-Tap hardware module.
EZ-View now works with EZ-Tap, EZ-Tap Pro, and Versa-Tap and offers the same user interface for all devices. The only difference between the two devices from the EZ-View user standpoint is that EZ-View provides exact microsecond time-tagging for all data and handshaking events when used with EZ-Tap Pro or Versa-Tap. You can download the latest version of EZ-View on our downloads page.
Developing Custom Software with the EZ-Tap/EZ=Tap Pro/Versa-Tap Windows API
For users requiring more sophisticated data extraction and analysis, we support custom application software development via a .DLL-based user API. Please contact Stratus Engineering for details and example interface software.
Connecting Versa-Tap to the System Being Tested
Once Versa-Tap and EZ-View are operating correctly on the MS Windows PC host system, the user must create a custom connection to the system under test.
The Versa-Tap screw-terminals are labeled with their RS2332 and RS422 signal name. Note that you must select between RS232/TTL, RS422 and Inverted RS232/TTL signaling level under EZ-View.
Stratus Engineering’s Versa-Tap™ protocol analyzer offers a powerful hardware solution that features state-of-the art electronics and provides exceptional data-logging/analyzer capabilities at a fraction of the cost of the nearest competitor.
Please contact us today to learn more about the benefits of the Versa-Tap RS232 analyzer and much more! The best rs485 analyzer, rs485 protocol analyzer and rs232 protocol analyzer hardware!
To learn more about rs422 sniffer uses, rs232 analyzer capabilities and more, view our latest rs422 sniffer infographic!
|Dimensions||5 x 5 x 1 in|