Free Data Monitoring Software for EZ-Tap™, EZ-Pro™, and Versa-Tap™ Passive Tap Modules
Free EZ-View™ Data Monitoring Software
Stratus Engineering's EZ-View™ data monitoring program controls communication and data collection parameters and displays time-tagged communication data and handshaking events in an easy-to-use scrolling display window.
EZ-View™ automatically detects the hardware configuration and provides a consistent, hardware independent user interface. When used with EZ-Tap Pro™ and Versa-Tap™, EZ-View provides perfect data ordering with exact microsecond time-tagging of all data and handshaking events.
Please vist our downloads page for additional versions to download and evaluate the EZ-View application program.
Docklight and Docklight Scripting
Docklight and Docklight Scripting are sophisticated testing, analysis and simulation tools for serial communication protocols. They significantly increases productivity in a broad range of industries, including automation and control, communications, automotive, equipment manufacturers, embedded and consumer products. The free evaluation versions can be used for unlimited time and allow basic data monitoring using EZ-Tap™, EZ-Tap Pro™ and Versa-Tap™ hardware modules.
Please refer to www.docklight.de for more information on these powerful tools.
Custom Application Development with the Windows API
For users requiring more sophisticated data extraction and analysis capabilities, Stratus Engineering provides a windows API that allows the user to develop custom software that interfaces directly with EZ-Tap™, EZ-Tap Pro™ and Versa-Tap™ hardware modules. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this API and example interface software.
Other RS232 Monitor Application Options for the standard EZ-Tap Module
The standard EZ-Tap module uses the receive channel from each of two USB COM ports to capture RS232 and bidirectional RS232 data. There are several other software options you can use to acquire and display with standard EZ-Tap.
Windows RS232 Terminal Program
Use a simple terminal program such as Hyperterminal to capture the RS232 data traffic. Open two instances of the terminal program and assign one of the EZ-Tap COM ports to each. Be sure to set up the correct COM parameters (baud rate, etc.). The RS232 traffic will then be displayed in the terminal windows as it is transmitted.
Third-Party RS232 Monitor Programs
Most of these programs are designed to work with a custom passive tap cable and two COM ports. EZ-Tap is fully compatible with this mode of operation – simply assign the EZ-Tap COM ports in the program's COM port settings.
EZ-View RS232 Monitor Program
EZ-View RS232 Monitor program serves the best software solution for applications that demand higher performance. EZ-View bypasses the Windows virtual COM port layer and interfaces directly to EZ-Tap hardware for low-latency access.
EZ-View Application Program Version Change List
- Modified data logging functions to incorporate "console view" capability.
- Added support for synchronous HDLC RS422 data analysis capability for the Versa-Tap module.
- Added Program Option to append for spooling data to file option.
- Fixed bugs for data wrap around case (when buffer is full).
- Added dialog to allow appending of data to the end of a file when using the spool data to file option.
- Fixed issue when trying connect to device for the second time after doing data collection.
- Added the capability to break the "line mode" display on the carriage return and line feed characters.
- Improved the error display description and moved the display from the break column to its own column on the scrolling display
- No longer displays date in relative time-tagging mode.
- Includes an option to hide hours or minutes.
- Total number of DTE bytes and the total of DCE bytes transmitted is displayed at the bottom of the window
- Inserts a space character between the hex characters display in line mode.
- Added support for custom baud rates up to 1Mbs for EZ-Tap Pro and 2Mbs for Versa-Tap (This capability requires firmware version 25).
- Added support for automatic baud rate and COM parameter detection for EZ-Tap Pro and Versa-Tap (This capability requires firmware version 26).
Contact us today to learn more about EZ-View!